Intermediate Interior Designer
The Intermediate Interior Designer is to assist the Principal, Design Director & the Project Design Team on interiors projects from the Pre-Schematic Phase through Design Development, Purchasing, and Installation. The candidate must demonstrate their ability to react to a number of design styles and methods of delivery.
- Report to the Design Director and the Principal on multiple projects
- Support & assist on design tasks including programming, developing concepts, design development, construction documentation, project management, procurement and installation
- Prepare & coordinate interior drawings and material specifications with architects and contractors as needed for construction
- Coordinate with consultants, furniture dealers, product representatives, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
- Participate in team meetings & construction site visits and prepare copious notes and documentation
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Interior Design or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of interior design experience with main concentration in Residential Design
- Additional Hospitality and Retail Interior Design experience are a plus
- Comfortable taking on design tasks on their own with direction from either the Design Director or the Principal
- Ability to coordinate and complete construction documents
- Strong communication, organization, and graphic presentation skills
- Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts to their team and clients
- Experience with furniture selection and procurement
- Knowledge of a variety of design styles and high-end furniture & lighting sources
- Express a desire to source new products and develop innovative design solutions
- Ability to work on multiple projects at various stages of development at the same time
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-up, and Design Manager are required
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- LEED accreditation & NCIDQ accreditation are a plus, but not required
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file (Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hancock Park – Intermediate Interior Designer – Your name” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Please include work samples along with your resume and cover letter. Candidates who do not provide work samples AND do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
To start your application process, email us at email@example.com
Let us know why you would be the perfect addition to our team.
Make sure to attach your résumé and a detailed portfolio of your best work alongside a short cover letter highlighting your unique talents.
ONLY APPLICANT SUBMISSIONS WHICH ARE FORMATTED AS REQUESTED AND MEETING THESE QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED