We are seeking an experienced purchasing manager with a solid understanding and proven track record of managing all purchasing needs for multiple projects, developing new systems, and establishing efficient processes, and providing detail-oriented and methodical reporting.
The purchasing manager will be responsible for purchasing various items for multiple projects using material management, forecasting, and negotiating skills. The hands-on role will be focused on all aspects of purchasing and procurement and will drive value for the company by reducing material shortages and logistics costs and developing effective sourcing strategies. This position will also develop strong relationships with vendors and work closely with production and design teams to schedule materials to effectively meet project timelines.
- Assist the design team in sourcing and sampling FF&E specifications
- Partner with design team on vendor on-boarding process, NDAs, General Terms & Conditions
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, vendors, and manufacturers
- Support the design team in establishing itemized project budgets
- Partner with design team on all FF&E procurement – assist in writing RFPs, reviewing quotes and responses, awarding vendors, etc.
- Partner with design team and bookkeeper to manage and track all POs/invoices, payment schedules through installation
- Lead management of status reports and detailed analysis across projects, facilitate team review and revision of design as necessary, conduct bi-monthly project status review meetings
- Develop and maintain strategic inventory management plan in conjunction with senior designers
- Main point of contact for team at consolidation warehouse to oversee goods in/out, oversee inspections of retail and vintage furnishings
- Resolve delivery or damage issues and work closely with agents/vendors
- Optimize and coordinate transport for national logistics and ensure the continuous optimization of shipping
- Coordinate pick-up and delivery logistics of all furnishings with upholstery service providers, design warehouses, vendors, etc.
- Ensure all vendors performing installation services have current proof of insurance and contractual documentation in place
- Partner with project teams to strategize and develop detailed, day by day project installation schedules and logistics
- Track project close out documentation, vendor completion of punch lists, order tracking of any day two items
- Work closely with our Facilities Operations team for site access, handover of close out documentation/warranty information at project completion
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of project leadership, process management or similar project management experience in Construction, Hospitality, Retail, Interior Design, Furniture or Millwork Industry, experience with FF&E purchasing helpful, but not required
- Demonstrated the ability to analyze, evaluate and report on the tasks at hand
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects in various phases
- Technology driven — proficient with Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Resourceful, innovative, and proactive problem solver with the ability to work in a team environment, under tight deadlines
- Comfortable managing 5-8 projects in various stages at any given time
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file (Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hancock Park – Purchasing Manager – Your name” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Please include your resume and cover letter. Candidates who do not provide work samples AND do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
To start your application process, email us at email@example.com
Let us know why you would be the perfect addition to our team.
Make sure to attach your résumé and a detailed portfolio of your best work alongside a short cover letter highlighting your unique talents.
ONLY APPLICANT SUBMISSIONS WHICH ARE FORMATTED AS REQUESTED AND MEETING THESE QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED